Private Sector Development
Team Leader (Food Safety Expert)
14 Sep, 2015
Restructuring and strengthening of the food safety and veterinary laboratory network in Albania
Period of Project:
Duration of assignment:
450 working days
Project Description:The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to support the national administrative capacities to ensure improved levels of food safety over the whole food chain.
The purpose of the project is to:
1. Set up a cost-efficient laboratory network capable of providing reliable and timely information on the safety of marketed food and animal health, and
2. Enhance the capacity of the laboratory network to carry out monitoring and analysis of food and feed products with specific reference in the fields of pesticide residues monitoring, microbiological diagnostics in food and feed, food quality standards, animal diseases, in accordance with the improved standards
Job Description:The Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project and liaison with the Beneficiary and Contracting Authority. He/s he/she must ensure the internal coordination and guidance of all experts of the project and coordination with external counterparts/institutions. The Team Leader must ensure that quality assurance procedures are applied to all activities and outputs of the project and that reporting obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the reporting deadlines.
Qualifications:Qualifications and skills
• University Degree or equivalent, in agriculture, agribusiness, rural development, agro-processing or food chemistry, or a relevant discipline to the scope of the project
• Postgraduate qualification in food safety, veterinary or phyto-sanitary would be an asset;
• Fluency in spoken and written English
General professional experience
• Preferably 12 years of working experience in the areas related to agriculture, food production and marketing, but a minimum of 10 years is required
• Preferably 5 years of professional experience in a senior position within the public service of an EU Member State, candidate or potential candidate countries covering issues related to food safety, veterinary or phyto-sanitary, but a minimum of 2 years is required.
Specific professional experience
• Have international experience as team leader preferably in two or more projects of a similar size and nature, but a minimum of 1 project is required.
• Direct experiences with adoption of laboratory quality management or laboratory accreditation criteria will be an asset;