Pozicion i lirë pune: Këshilltar Juridik pranë Ambasadës Hollandeze
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tirana is looking for a local Policy Advisor on Rule of Law
The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs has decided to intensify its strategies on the Rule of Law in Western Balkans. We will strengthen the expertise at the embassies in the region on reform of the judiciary of the countries involved in the framework of EU integration. A strong network of Dutch expert institutions, international organizations and local institutions will be developed.
1. Monitor developments related to the Reform of the Judicial System in Albania relevant for the Rule of Law, in particular from an EU-integration perspective.
2. Make in depth analysis of reforms of the judiciary in Albania with a particular focus on the main institutions (High Council of Justice, Supreme Court, General Prosecution, School of Magistrates, Constitutional Court, Ministry of Justice).
3. Act as focal point for the judicial sector and as a part of a regional network of Rule of Law officers in Dutch Embassies in the Western Balkans.
4. Maintain a professional network with Albanian institutions, civil society and international organizations and liaise with institutions in the Netherlands.
5. Prepare briefs, speaking notes and draft high quality reports.
6. Identify and evaluate initiatives in the area of reforms of the judiciary and manage the implementation of projects.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the legal sector; academic degree; broad interest covering i.e. constitutional, European, international and criminal law.
• Sound knowledge of the Albanian judicial system and institutions.
• Knowledge of EU-enlargement mechanisms and requirements (chapters 23-24 EU acquis).
• Capable of translating complex and detailed legal issues into policy analysis and advice.
• Thorough knowledge of Albanian and English; excellent English writing skills.
• Networker and team-player; independent, results-oriented, highly motivated.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel.
• Appointment will be for a period of 2 years at 0,5 fte.
If you are challenged by this position, please send your CV and application letter in English by e-mail in PDF-format to TIR@minbuza.nl before 1 August 2014.